Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rhys Ifans talked about his role as Xeno Lovegood in Deathly Hallows movies

Actor Rhys Ifans was interviewed on BBC Radio in Wales last week, where he talked about working in Deathly Hallows as Xenophilius Lovegood. Although the entire interview was in Welsh, an English translation has been received, thanks to Mynwy, which can be read here:

Quote:
I can't reveal much about the new Harry Potter film, which I don't understand because the book is out anyway, but I had to sign a clause that I wouldn't.

However, I play Xenophilus Lovegood, a wizard who is the father of Luna Lovegood, one of Harry Potter's friends. That's all I can really say because I haven't read the book!

There's been so much money thrown at the project, with there having been [six] other films. They're filming up in Leavesden near London in an old Rolls Royce airplane engine factory.

It's an enormous place, so you walk about and see things like a zoo full of owls, so if you need an owl for a scene, you pick up the phone and someone comes across with an owl. It's a like a machine. I've never been - in America - with an employer of so many people.

I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter but it feels like a privilege to get called up with people like Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon so it's an honour that they thought of me to play a cross-eyed wizard.
Photos of Rhys during the interview:









For anyone interested, Rhys's interview can be heard here, where he begins talking at 13 minutes in about his other roles; he discusses Harry Potter 20 minutes into the segment.



Copied from http://harrypotterupdate.multiply.com/journal/ The Daily Potter main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment